Trekking down to our local school to cast a vote in this historic election is both an honor and a privilege not taken lightly. This election more then ever, we give thanks to that one thing that kept us sane over the last few months: TEA.
It feels like a hundred years ago rather then 8 when Obama and McCain were battling it out for the Presidency in 2008 – when we all thought that election was intense. Twitter was “newish” and we were all trying that thing called tweeting. I remember sitting at the computer trying to figure out this new medium and fired off a tweet into the void as Pearl Fine Teas and asked: “If Obama and McCain were tea blends what would they be?“
To our surprise, people actually responded.
Long story short… what happened was an interesting chain of events that culminated in a contest where we took votes and suggestions, and then blended 2 teas to represent each candidate. We announced the winner on Nov 4, with fulfillment the week of the inauguration. Through all that new tweeting I met Jack Cheng when he was part of Steepster. Jack reached out and showed me 2 illustrations he had done of each one of our blends made entirely out of tea leaves (you can see an early blogpost here.) They were and still are fantastic, and ultimately ended up on the cover of TEA. A MAGAZINE. I noticed recently through a feed on Facebook that Adagio Teas created an illustration of Trump and Bernie paying homage to our Obama-McCain!
This time around I wondered (like last time) what the blends for the candidates might be for this election with Trump as the (R) candidate and Hillary, the (D) candidate and America’s first potential female president. So much has changed these 8 years in the U.S. and in American Government. At the moment we are a nation divided, and its been a brutal campaign. With all the unusual shenanigans that went into this election year we all traveled a very long road to get us to today: November 8th. Regardless who wins tonight, there is no doubt that we will need support for the days, weeks, months and 4 years ahead.
So this time around in honor of the 2016 Election Year, Pearl Fine Teas will offer an (Election) Recovery Blend: An inclusive blend with health benefits to help: the Left, the Right and the Middle.
Here is a breakdown of some of the health benefits from our newest caffeine-free infusion:
• Roasted chicory root: Eases digestive problems, prevents heartburn, reduce arthritis pains, detoxes, boosts immunity, may reduce heart disease.
• Ginger root: Boosts immunity, calms an upset stomach, helps with nausea, warming, stimulates circulation.
• Lemongrass: Detoxes, helps insomnia, boosts immunity, excellent tonic for nerves.
• Lemon balm: Reduces stress and anxiety, helps promote sleep, eases indigestion.
• Orange peel: Vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, pectin.
• Lemon essential oil: calming, detoxifying, antiseptic, sleep inducing, anti-fungal.
• Hibiscus: Lowers blood pressure, and boosts immune system.
• Coriander: High in manganese, iron, magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and protein.
• Cinnamon: High in antioxidants, lowers blood sugar levels, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal.
• Rose petals: Immune Boost, improves digestion eases stress and anxiety.
• Rosehips: Rich in bio flavonoids, pectin, vitamin E + B complex, selenium, manganese.
We’ll offer this blend at the TeaTent and online soon on the new Pearl Fine Teas website.
It’s still early in the day as this post goes live, and we won’t know who our next President will be, but our hope is that the road to recovery is a short one and that the great divide will heal sooner then later. No matter what happens we are grateful that one thing is certain: there will always be TEA.
One thought on “Recovery”
I love this idea!
Comments are closed.